Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I forgot to blog about this...

A couple of weekends ago Brett & I decided to get out of Davenport for the day.  We went to the Amana Colonies which are a little more than an hour away from here.  

The Amana Colonies are formed by a 17 mile loop of a handful of former Amish communities.  Many of the old buildings have been converted into cute little shops and restaurants.  They had lots of German restaurants (read: not vegetarian), so it took us a while to find a place but we eventually found somewhere to eat lunch.  

Image of me per my grandmother's request.  ;)  Hi Grandma!

Side note:  I walked into one restaurant and asked what they had that was vegetarian.  I was offered frog legs.  

All in all it was a fun little day trip.  I was a little disappointed because I thought it was an actual Amish community.  I found out later you have to travel a little bit farther North for that.  Maybe next time.  :)

2 comments:

Boo21's Mom said...

Hi, Amy! It was such a fun surprise to find your comment on Darby's blog! I haven't told too many people about the blog--most of my friends would think I've lost my mind! But, I think it will be a fun way to record her first year. I told Erika I am a frustrated Grandma--but I don't want HER to have a baby yet!

So, now that I found your blog, it will be fun to keep tabs on you and Brett. I'm so envious about you going to Amana Colonies and maybe a trip to Amish country later. I'm looking forward to reading about it!

Melissa (Janssen)

Scarlett H said...

This was lovely to readd

Related Posts with Thumbnails