Sunday, July 6, 2008

Canoe Trip!

For the Fourth of July weekend we went on an AWESOME canoe trip with Dean & Michelle.

We all drove up to Sauk City, Wisconsin and camped on a beach on the Wisconsin River the first night. We set up camp, cooked some dinner, and then set off fireworks (which, by the way are totally legal in Wisconsin-in case you were wondering). It was the perfect way to spend the Fourth of July. We were able to see lots of fireworks from our location, plus we had our own!

The next day we canoed down the river for a few hours. We stopped on a beach for lunch and some swimming, and then canoed some more before we found a place to set up camp for the night. We camped overnight again on an island in the middle of the river, and then canoed downstream some more to the pick up point where The Canoe Lady picked us up and took us back to our car.

All in all, we had a really great time. It was a weekend full of firsts for me: first time camping, first time canoing, first time in Wisconsin, first time swimming in a river, first time lighting fireworks...I'm sure there's more. If you would like to check out more pictures from our trip, click here.

2 comments:

BrookeWalsh said...

Cool! I have been craving a swim almost as much as I craved jalapeno ice cream when I was pregnant. I never tried it, but it still seems like a fine idea to me (and only me ;). I'm glad you had a good 4th. Happy Birthday America!

the sheldons said...

That was too much fun!!! I'm so glad you and Brett came and had oh-so-many firsts!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails